Pages

Friday, August 09, 2013

Expanding My Canning Skills

I have been a huge blog reader for years and years. I love blogs....cooking/baking blogs, craft blogs, knitting/sewing blogs, tech blogs, ed reform blogs and list goes on. My Feedly subscription list is long and can take an extended period of time to read. One of my favorite blogs is Food in Jars which is based in Philadelphia. On my recent trip to Philly to visit the Doctors, I was able to watch a canning demonstration by the writer of this blog, Marisa McClellan. She was making apricot jam at a Williams Sonoma store as well as selling her canning book, Food in Jars: Preserving in Small Batches Year Round
Needless to say, I purchased the book and it motivated me to try some new canning recipes along with my usual recipes.
 Such a pleasing sight to behold. Love it! Check out her blog and her book. Maybe it'll inspire you to do some canning.


Enjoy...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i just saw your blog and enjoyed seeing T and K 's photos. I'm glad you were there for that. And soon we will be at your son's wedding. Also, just wanted to say the Jars are so pretty it kind of makes me want to can. ;) Lisa